donderdag 3 november 2011

The Hall of Judgement

"O my heart which I had from my mother, O my heart which I had upon earth, do not rise up against me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things; do not speak against me concerning what I have done, do not bring up anything against me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

As my mortal life draws to a close
My soul descends to the realm of final judgment
The great Osiris, ruler of the dead oversees the proceedings
Forty Three deities to address
Each with a question that will put me to the test
Toth the wise will, scribe all details in full
The big question arises in my head
Will I be granted access to the fields of Hetep and Iaru

...Or will Ammit devour my heart
The moment of truth
My heart is placed on the scale weighed against the feather of truth
I hold my breath.......
The scales tip
Ma'at shields her eyes from my truth
As the final judgment is passed
Ammit snatches and devours my heart
With a grave face Wepwet guides me into the arms of Nun
In the empty darkness of the Nun I cease to exist

Ang El Ani

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Vergelijkbare Blogs

Related Posts with Thumbnails